New In: Makeup

Monday 29 September 2014




It has been a while since I have bought any new makeup, this may not seem a big deal however for me it is huge! Not only am I obsessed with all things beauty related, I love to try out and experiment with new makeup. Last week however was an other story when I found myself scrolling the pages of the Mecca Cosmetica website. My excuse... I was in search of the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liner as I was in need of a new liquid liner (true) yet found myself adding more to my basket than I had set out too. I just can't help myself especially when it comes to Nars (sucks me in every time) which lead to the purchase of the Nars Creamy Radiance Concealer and a Nars blush in Dolce Vita.

These arrived on my doorstep on Friday (perfect timing right?) just in time for the weekend, I couldn't wait to put them to the test. I do still have to trial these products for a little longer to give my full opinion but on first impressions they all receive a big thumbs up from me. Like I mentioned above I was on the hunt for a new liquid eyeliner, I was previously using the Maybelline liner which just wasn't cutting it. I have heard many rave about the Stila liner, no better time than any I decided I would test it out myself and see if it lives up to it's hype. After only using this just twice I have to say I'm impressed.  It is easy to use with its thin nib that effortlessly glides across the eyelid and once dry, does not smudge or flake off, a budge proof eyeliner. The Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer does exactly what the name suggests. It is a creamy formula with high pigmentation although creamy does not settle into fine lines. The formulation makes this super bendable with a high coverage fulfilling its main purpose of concealing dark circles and discolouration with a radiant glow. Just like all the Nars blushes Dolce Vita is highly pigmented and beautifully bendable. The blush itself is described as a 'matte dusty rose' although described as matte gives a natural sheen to the cheeks without the use of shimmer of glitter. The colour is stunning a berry rose shade in the pan that provides a warm pink flush (using a very light hand) when applied to the cheeks. 



Post a Comment