Checks & Leopard

Tuesday 9 September 2014




I had to get one last winter post in before spring and summer really arrives and the thought of a sweater will be make me cringe. I am really looking forward to the warmer weather and spending my days at the beach but I am really struggling to say goodbye to the colder months. I am not one who normally enjoys the cold weather however I have found a new appreciation for the winter season. Snuggling into oversized sweaters, layering shirts upon sweaters upon jackets upon coats, getting cozy under a warm blanket with a cup of tea in hand or even a sneaky hot chocolate and of course my all time favourite, accessorising with beanies and scarfs, are just some of the reasons I have had a change of heart. Something I never thought I'd say... winter you will be missed.

I am farewelling winter with one of my favourite styles of the season, layering a cropped sweater over a blouse. Letting the shirt hang lower than the sweater gives this look an effortless vibe while still remaining put together and well dressed. This midi skirt from Cue pairs two major trends together, checkers with leopard print working seamlessly alongside each other with black panelling down the sides to create a slimming effect. The lilac blouse enhances the colour on the skirt helping the blues and reds pop from behind the leopard. With a lot going on already I kept it simple in a pair of black heels and small cross body bag.

Top: Princess Polly (Similar) | Sweater: General Pants (Similar) | Skirt: Cue | Shoes: RMK | Bag: Michael Kors 

Post a Comment