What I was Loving in September

Friday 3 October 2014





Another month gone, is it just me or does life seem to be speeding up the older you become. Don't you feel like your life is in fast forward and your forever running just to keep up! Instead of watching the moments race before my eyes, I vow to live in each second that passes and stop wishing away the days. To enjoy every experience and opportunity thrown on my path. Enough ramblings, lets discuss the real topic your here for, what I have been loving this past month.


We were graced with some absolutely gorgeous sunny days throughout September, to me that screamed for bronzed glowing skin and vibrant spring lip colours. The Nars Laguna  (let me just take a second to bow down to this product) is what I have used every single time I have applied makeup this month, I kid you not! This stuff is holy grail worthy, if you don't already own this you are seriously missing out and may just have to take a sneaky trip to your Nars counter. I apply this to the cheeks, forehead, along the chin bones and down the neck that just gives life to your face with the perfect sun kissed bronze glow, this is defiantly worth the heavier price tag. I have been pairing this with the Revlon Photoready Skinlights in bronze, a liquid highlight that provides a natural golden sheen to the cheekbones. This is also great to add a drop to your foundation to create a beautiful all over glow that doesn't leave you looking like a disco ball, I promise. When I think of spring I immediately picture bright floral colours, this definitely reflected in my makeup this month. I was loving a simple eye look (mainly a winged liner) to draw your eyes with a pop of colour on the lips. The YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #27 was defiantly my most used lipstick not only is this super luxurious but an extremely amazing lipstick. The formula is just dreamy soft, light, long lasting and opaque but can we talk about how stunning this colour is, a striking barbie fuchsia pink the ultimate spring necessity. If you haven't noticed I am all about spring and florals, the Victor & Rolf perfume in Flower Bomb Extreme reminds me of just that and has been my signature scent for the past two months. A new discovery this month was the Sanctuary Thermal Mask, this might just be the coolest mask I have ever used! When applied this heats up on the skin not to the point of burning but a calming warmth that last for around 10 seconds.


Continuing on with the spring floral theme (obsessed, I know!) I'm adoring these bright floral bikinis I picked up from Cotton On Body recently. I love the zipper detailing on the top and not to mention the bottoms are a neoprene like material that are surprisingly comfortable. Another fashion favourite this month was hats, I just can't get enough and own more than a girl needs! I'll just keep telling myself it's not just a fashion accessory, I am looking after my myself by providing sun protection, right? Just to throw a spanner in the works I have been burning this Glasshouse candle in Vanilla Caramel non stop. Even when this isn't burning the scent fills my room with a cotton candy like scent that I can not get enough of, be warned this does in fact make you crave sweet and naughty treats.



Post a Comment