My top 5 affordable make-up picks

Thursday 27 February 2014













Over the last week or so I have noticed myself reaching more than usual for my more affordable make-up brands. These 5 products are what come to mind with their high quality giving cheaper brands a good name so with out further ado lets talk make-up.

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream: ($11.19 on sale Here) This is my go to slap on the face and go base that gives you flawless looking skin in seconds! I have the combination to oily skin formulation in medium which luckily for me is is the perfect colour. I have tried the original BB Cream and wasn't a big fan, it is much thicker in consistency than that of the combination to oily which is a runny formula and doesn't apply as naturally to the skin. This is perfect for those running late moments or just a fresh faced simple make-up look that you can simply apply with your fingers and your good to go! As of now this is my favourite BB Cream and find myself reaching for this over my foundations especially when i'm feeling lazy!

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: ($14.95 Here) I love trying out new concealers and have a larger collection than one should probably have but I seem to always come back to this trustworthy product. I use this as my under eye corrector and brightener in the colour 010 Ivory. As the name suggests it definitely re-awakens the skin giving your eye area a radiant glow and who doesn't want that? This is easy to apply with a doffer applicator that blends evenly into the skin not settling into your fine lines even without a setting powder.

Loreal Colour Infaillible Eyeshadows: ($19.95 Here) It is a very hard task to find good quality afforadable eyeshadows although not technically an eyeshadow more of a pressed pigment the Loreal Colour Infallibles get my approval! These little beauty's have great colour pay off being a foolproof all over lid colour that is best applied with the finger. I have the colours 002 Hourglass Beige, 006 All Night Blue and 013 Burning black and will absolutely be on the look out to add more colours to my collection.

Revlon Colorburst Bellini: ($21.95 Here) This lipgloss is a staple in my make-up bag, it can tone down any dramatic lipstick or create a beautiful finish to a nude. It is the perfect pinky nude gloss that gives off an iridesence without the help of a glitter. When first applied it feels thick however it fast becomes light weight and establishes a softness when rubbing the lips together. It is not at all sticky which is a pet hate of mine!

Rimmel Scandale Eyes Waterproof Kohl: ($9.95 Here) Hands down the best affordable eye pencils on the market, you need these in your life! A creamy, pigmented eyeliner that lasts all day, need I say more? I have two as of the moment in black and nude the only ones I use on a regualar basis. The nude is great for opening up the eyes without using a stark white colour giving a more natural finish.

Post a Comment