LORAC PRO Palette Review and Swatches

Monday 3 February 2014


Hello my lovelies, today's blog is all about my latest palette addition, the LORAC PRO Palette. This arrived around a week ago, I wanted to have some time to explore the eye shadows before sharing my thoughts and opinions so without further ado let's take a look.

I know I'm a little late on purchasing this item as it was launched in Autumn 2012 but with LORAC not being sold in Australia it was not an easy task tracking this down. After lot's of research though I was pleased to find a website called 'TheNile.com.au' and picked mine up for $68.64 which I think is a little pricey for 16 eye shadows and a behind the scenes eye shadow primer but once again I just couldn't resist.


White / Cream / Taupe / Light Pink/ Mauve / Sable / Espresso / Black

This neutral palette is lined with 8 matte (shown above) and 8 satin/shimmer shadows (shown below) 0.02 oz each (a MAC Eyeshadow is 0.05 oz). I have to say this is a little disappointing as I feel I'd get a lot of use out of this palette however I believe that it could be gone before I know it. Each shade is highly pigmented with a creamy consistency (almost butter like) that applies and blends beautifully on the lid. There is a little fallout when first applying so just remember to tap of the excess shadow on your brush before applying. Once applied to the lid however it is another story, these shadows stay put!


Nude / Champagne / Gold / Light Bronze/Pewter / Garnet / Deep Purple / Slate

Apart from the quality can we just take a moment to admire the colour range... Ahh simply magical. These shades are a neutral lovers dream with myself being in that category, I just can't stop admiring them. I stared at this palette for a good 10 minutes when it first arrived (no joke) just itching to try it out! These colours all work extremely well together including highlighting, blending and darkening shades with some earthy pops of colour. I am especially excited to work with Gold, Garnet and Deep Purple!




This is very travel friendly with its slim design of 7.5 inches across and and not quite 3 inches high with a large mirror on the flip side of the eye shadows. The only downside for me is it's packaging. It is a lot like NARS packaging, catching and showing every spec of powder fallout! Which for me is a real flaw as I like everything to look clean and as good as new. However I am willing to look past this as these eye shadows are absolutely stunning!

Overall I adore this versatile palette and am loving being able to turn to one palette for my whole makeup look. I have been able to create a vast amount of eye looks with these shades and can not wait to experiment even more and see what I can come up with.

Post a Comment