Top 3 Picks: Luxury Lipsticks

Tuesday 29 July 2014



I am a self confessed lipstick addicted, hoarder and all round lover. I have decided to begin a mini series of my top 3 picks for different categories of makeup and skin care. I am, maybe to over excited for this to kick off, I feel as though this is sort of like shopping my own stash. Of course since lip products are my favourite makeup products, it seemed only fitting to launch this series with my top 3 luxury lipsticks. Is it a coincidence that today just so happens to be national lipstick day?



MAC Coral Bliss: This has to be my most worn lipstick recently, being such an everyday wearable colour. As I work in an office environment 5 days a week, I need a subtle, neutral shade for everyday wear without the worry of fading, smudging and my all time favourite, lipstick on the teeth trick. Coral Bliss like the name suggests is a stunning coral shade with pink undertones that provides a sheer, glossy, natural finish to the lips. I absolutely love that I can just whack this on without the fuss of a mirror, livening up my look in seconds.

Lime Crime Poisonberry: Without a doubt my go to statement bold lipstick! Apart from the absolutely gorgeous packaging, I seriously can not get enough of this unique violet berry shade. This possesses all the qualities you could want in a lipstick, a creamy extremely pigmented colour with outstanding lasting power (even conquering eating and drinking) and lastly this doesn't bleed into fine lines.

YSL Le Orange #13: One of the newest additions to my collection and can I tell you, it was love at first application! I'll be honest ,this was something I thought I'd never sway towards being a girl that loves her true reds however this shade is on a level of its own. This ladybug orange/red colour has won me over especially considering the sustainability and opaqueness of this formula not to mention how classy you feel pulling this out of your bag.




Post a Comment