My Current Everyday Skincare Routine

Thursday 17 July 2014



Firstly let me start out by telling you that I was never worried about looking after my skin until about a year ago . I was lucky enough to be graced with quite clear, normal skin with the occasional blemish on the odd occasion, which made me believe my skin didn't need attending to (oh how wrong I was!)  A face wipe and facial cleanser was about the extent of my skin care knowledge which I rarely used and predominately to remove makeup. I now understand the importance of taking care of your skin for the future (especially if your wearing a lot of make-up like me) but I am also now addicted to the refreshing feeling and finding certain products that give your skin a natural glow.



First and foremost I start out by removing my make-up and any dirt that may have latched on during the day using the Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. I apply to dry skin gently massaging in circular motions feeling the make up breaking down under my fingertips. I then remove the mess I have just created with a warm face cloth and wallah you've got yourself a clean fresh face. I was sceptical jumping on the cleansing oil craze however I have been converted with this being the quickest and most efficient way to remove my makeup to date. I'll then jump in the shower and use my Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser to remove any impurities I missed. I apply this much the same as the cleansing oil except I splash my face with water before applying. This cleanser has some great attributes for one its beautiful citrus orange scent and the fact that the formulation is all natural, plant-based however I am not completely satisfied as it leaves an oily residue on the skin once washed off. If there is any left over mascara or eyeliner I go in with my trusty Bioderma Crealine H2O Cleanser & Make Up Remover on a cotton pad and lightly wipe around the eye area.

To remove any remaining make-up or impurities I use my Puretopia Toner  to rejuvenate the skin and help regain the natural pH balance. A pump spray is a must for me when it comes to toners, it gives you the option to spray directly on the face for a quick refresh or you can spray on to a cotton pad and distribute that way. The last stages of my skincare routine end with moisturising, firstly I apply a very small amount of the Clinique All About Eyes on my fingertips and dab softly in an inwards direction on my eye area. I have been using this for two months now and have visibly noticed a huge diminish of my dark circles under my eyes (especially whilst I was travelling) it has also improved the longevity of my under eye concealer. To finish off I get around a ten cent piece size of the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream and massage the cream into my face and neck in upwards motions. Ever since picking this up in London my skin hasn't felt as oily (not that I have overly oily skin) and also feel this has given my skin a natural radiance especially when my mum asks me if I'm wearing make-up when I am completely bare faced (a girls dream... am I right?)






Post a Comment