Travel Make Up Bag: Beach Getaway

Tuesday 27 January 2015




Last night I couldn't get to sleep, my mind racing with thoughts of Thailand and the excitement rumbling in my tummy. I am forever scrolling through pictures of Phuket on pintrest, blogs and instagram when I could actually be doing something useful with my time but I am just so damn excited! Corey and I keep saying to each other "Guess what? Where going to Thai-land" in a sing song tune, anyone would think this is my first overseas trip. I don't think the excitement will ever dull when it comes to exploring somewhere new.

If your anything like me and like to have a snoop around other peoples makeup bags this is just the post for you. I bring to you the beach edition of my travel makeup bag contents which is very minimal if you haven't already noticed.  I don't want to be spending much time in front of a mirror each day so I have put a strict limit on my makeup contents this trip. The weather is going to be hot and humid so I have opted for Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua  although this is a foundation it is super light weight with a natural finish. My Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is coming with me to cover up those dark circles and any unwanted spots, some days a concealer is all you need. With the exception of taming my brows with my Hourglass Brow Arch Sculpting Pencil and a little mascara. I have really been enjoying the L'Oreal Butterfly Wings Mascara (me and waterproof don't really get along) it gives volume to the roots, lengthens the lashes and impressively holds the curl. For days when I feel like putting in a little more effort, I am taking my Elizabeth Arden Bronzer Powder that gives the most gorgeous glow to the skin, my Chanel Powder Blush for a pop of colour to the cheeks and finally my Hourglass Ambient Powder Palette to do it all (can be used as a highlighter, powder or blusher). For lips I'll be bringing my Lanolips Multipurpose balm (can't go anywhere without this stuff) Mac CremeCup and a for a bold lip Shiseido Perfect Rouge Fuschia.

Post a Comment