All Aboard: Thailand

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Left to right: Polaroid, Lipsticks, Denim shorts, Perfume, Floral dress/kimono - Dissh (sold out), Playsuit, Sunglasses - Sass & Bide, Make-up bag - Ted Baker, Documents case, Book - Miranda Kerr, Sandals, Kimono - Mishkah (sold out), Watch
On the 28th of this month Corey and I are jet setting across the south china sea to have our feet land on Thai soil for 2 1/2 weeks, I can't even explain how excited I am! We will predominantly be spending our time in Phuket, finishing in Bangkok for our last 5 nights. This is our first overseas trip together and I can already see this being the most laid back, relaxing holiday (well that's what I'm hoping for anyway). After spending 4 weeks travelling Europe in May last year with a go-go-go agenda,  don't get me wrong it was an adventure of a life time that I am dying to experience all over again. However, this time around I would like to slow things down and as they say 'smell the roses', take things in through all senses and really enjoy every aspect this country has to offer.

Packing, the word I absolutely dread! You'd think for someone who loves to travel, the word would make me want to jump up and down, this is not the case. I just can't stand the thought of packing my life up into a 20kg rectangular box 'queue, dramatic piano' but seriously who else is with me? Keeping things simple and (fingers crossed) light, I think I have learnt my lesson on heavy luggage (aka carrying a suitcase full of bricks around Europe for 4 weeks) plus I need room for shopping, am I right? So I thought I'd give you the low down on my 'I can't live with out essentials'. Obviously since it is a beach getaway the most important items are bikinis (a couple of course), a towel and a few kimonos, dresses/playsuits to throw over the top. You can't forget the accessories a pair of sunglasses, a hat, thongs and a few pairs of sandals (leaving the heels behind). For make-up I am keeping things minimal and just packing the basics (light foundation, concealer, bronzer, blusher, mascara, lip balm and a few lip options) I don't want my face melting away in the heat! Corey and I just bought ourselves a GoPro so without a doubt we will be snapping away with a few polaroid's in between. We cannot forget the most important thing of all our travel documents, passport and money which is snug all together in this travel wallet from Kikki K. Important things that didn't make the instagramable photo include underwear, pyjama's, money belt, straightener, headphones and my toiletries.

Do you have any recommendations for things to do in Thailand?



Post a Comment