New Additions To My Closet

Sunday 16 March 2014

I love to shop there is no doubt about it and since we are now venturing into the cooler months I thought I'd pick up some pieces that are great for layering and some thing's I just couldn't resist. If you couldn't already tell I have been loving neutrals lately and have jumped on the leather and stripes trend! Recently I have noticed that not only is my closest full of clothes but that I don't have many staple items that are easy to style that every girl should own! As a result I acquired a few new things that I believe are versatile on trend pieces that still have a sense of quirkiness about them.



Firstly I was on the hunt for a new pair of jeans which means my favourite brand Ziggy denim. In the past I have found it a real struggle to find the perfect jeans but these are just the perfect fit! I got a plain black pair and also a distressed denim pair in a size 26. Both are slightly high waisted which I find most flattering on me and are just the right length.




I picked up two new crop tops that are perfect for layering under cardigans and jackets and just plain cute. One is nude with a overlapping cross over in the front from Beginning Boutique and the other a long sleeved striped mink pink crop from Universal Store




Continuing my love of monochrome stripes I have added this beautiful light weight jacket that I can not wait to wear! It will be perfect for the cool autumn breeze that has recently crept up on us and will also be great to layer for more warmth when winter hits. (I found this in a local boutique so unfortunately I don't have a link to this jacket however here is something similar). Speaking of layering, I found this chic black leather vest when I was walking past Cotton On the other day and was forced to try this on! It was love at first sight, I paired this with some faux black leather jeans and a plain white singlet in the dressing room which gave an effortless but super sleek look which I absolutely loved and of course I had to have it!

As for accessories, I have noticed myself only picking out all gold jewellery pieces, don't get me wrong I love myself some silver but I think I am fast becoming a gold obsessive. I scored big time on these two necklaces that were drastically reduced and believe these will be super versatile. 

Last but not least I stumbled across these absolutely gorgeous white sandals from Valleygirl that were 50% off. I know right, exactly what I was thinking, how dare they tempt a shopaholic like that, they know I have no self control. In my defence these are a triple threat cute, comfy and casual and go with practically everything.

What trends have you been loving lately?

Post a Comment