Blue Sparkle

Thursday 11 December 2014



Painting my nails is a real relaxing, zone out, me time. I like to set aside some time to cozy up in bed with a cup of tea, a burning candle and catch up on youtube videos or my current tv series. This is usually just before bed time as I find this is the only way I don't completly mess up my nails and want to start over, call me a perfectionist! Firstly, I start out by removing any polish that may be left on my nails. I then cut, buff, file and polish my nails with the Sally Hansen Smoothing block to give my nails a squared evened out look. Now comes the fun part choosing the colour and design, I was feeling festive hence my silver sparkly accent nail with Essie's Set in Stone polish. For the rest of my nails I went for a reflective blue colour, Essie's Aruba Blue that is forever receiving compliments. I thought I'd save the gold and reds for when it gets a little closer to Christmas. To finish it all off I use Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Top Coat for a glossy finish that honestly makes your mani last those few extra days. 
What are some of your favourite nail polish brands?


Post a Comment