Are they worth their price tag?

Wednesday 26 November 2014





As a self confessed makeup addict I of course love to buy and try new products, especially when it comes to the more luxurious brands. I blame it on the packaging, I mean can you blame me, who isn't mesmerised by the sleek, elegance of high end makeup however this doesn't always leave me with a healthy looking bank account. The question on every ones lips though is whether or not the actual product is worth the extra dollar.

Nars Creamy Radiance Concealer: This would have to be my most used and da da dah dahhhh... my most loved concealer. It is down right dreamy (if a concealer can be dreamy) like the name suggests this has a very creamy consistency but don't let that scare you. The product blends seamlessly into the skin covering those inevitable dark circles simultaneously highlighting the under eye area. Whilst I think this is the perfect under eye concealer it also doubles as a spot concealer. With just a pee size amount needed dabbed onto a blemish your good to go, say goodbye to redness and hello to flawless looking skin. I would defiantly say this product is worth every penny however if it is still out of your price range Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer does come a very close second.

Hourglass Ambient Lights Palette: I had been eyeing off this palatte long before I finally got my hands on it in April this year while in London. You won't believe it, I almost walked out of Space NK without purchasing this because of it's lavish price tag. Well honestly I did walk out but came running back all of five minutes later (dragging my very patient parents with me) and boy oh boy am I glad I did (handing the money over with a little to tight a grip and closed eyes). I can bravely say I have never looked back, this is such a versatile palette switching between a setting powder to a highlighter an eye shadow and even a blush. The powder is so finely mild it just looks like skin while also giving off a faux glow from within.

Benefit Their Real Mascara: Now me and this mascara have had such a love hate relationship. When I first picked this up I absolutely adored it, then I fell out of love with it and now I have a different opinion each time I decide to wipe it out. I have narrowed it down to being what sort of makeup look I am trying to achieve. This mascara gives a very natural look to the lashes, adding volume and length without being too in your face over the top. All in all I do like this mascara for days when I'm feeling lazy or want a very simple natural look but I wouldn't repurchase this mascara, you can get just as good if not better mascaras for a fraction of the price.

Hourglass Brow Arch Pencil: This little guy has changed my life (brow game) dramatically, I wouldn't say I'm now an expert on filling in my brows but if I do say so myself my brows are looking a lot more put together. Like most brow products these days it has a spooly on one end and the pencil on the other.  The pencil is fast and easy (dummy proof) with a thin rectangular shaped nib, perfect to create short thin strokes and a wax like formula that latches onto the hairs creating a natural brow.

Post a Comment