Mermaid Scales

Friday 24 January 2014

This beautiful nail polish caught my eye on my lastest trip to the drugstore and of course I just had to have it! 'Making Waves' is part of Sally Hansen's new Triple Shine range. I've tried a few of their polishes before and I'm yet to be disappointed. They pride themselves on providing quality nail care while always delivering an amazing colour selection. I may have created a monster as now I can't wait to explore more shades within this range.




It is the perfect colour for the summer we're having here in Australia, hot, humid and sticky, I know that I'll be getting a lot of wear out of this during our very warm season . This nail polish reminds me of everything to do with the ocean from the crashing waves to the mystical illusion of a mermaids scale with its holographic shine. Depending on the lighting this nail polish switches from a mesmorising blue to green hue. Sally Hansen were clever in creating a reflective iridescent without including any form of glitter that has made me fall head over heals for this polish.


As far as pigmentation goes I can not fault it, this is after applying two thin coats and a top coat however you could design a whole new look by applying a base coat (I think a bright pink would be pretty) underneath and layer a sheer coat of 'Making Waves'' on top letting the base coat peak through.


These polishes can be purchased here.

Let me know if you've tried any other shades?

Post a Comment